It all started innocently enough. When we purchased our house five years ago, this house next door was vacant. We decided that if it ever went on the market, we would try to buy it and either tear it down or renovate it. Well, last weekend, the For Sale sign went up. $7,000...no, no zeros are missing.
I went to look at it this week, with the building inspector in tow. Here's some of what we saw inside.
These are photos of the master bedroom and bath. The entire house looks like the occupants fled following a nuclear holocaust and left it for six years. After the building inspector gave me estimates on what it would cost to rehab or demolish (it is full of asbestos), we decided to pass. Of course, the bigger problem is that no one will want to invest in this bad investment, and it will crumble into a nuclear dump next door.
Sorry, kids, but when we die, this will probably be your inheritance....




2 comments:
Yeah, I would pass on this "investment" for sure. Too bad it is next door. Just don't let those pictures get out into the McCook public, or yes, you may own your house forever. :)
Well, I must say "oh my goodness". I did ask for pictures and now I see why he asked $7000........he clearly left room for negotiation!!!!
Post a Comment