Sunday, September 28, 2008

We're "So Cute" Together!

I had the opportunity yesterday to host a Nebraska Natural Horsemanship clinician and her intern. They came out on their way to a clinic in Colorado and gave us some pointers and spent the night with us.

Ruby and I put on quite a show for her. We rode up a steep hill, tooled around at the top, and wheeled back down. On our way gaiting past her, she shouted, "You two are so cute together!"


I have to agree. I love this little horse. When she gaits, it is like floating on silk. She really likes to go. I never used to, but I do now. Who would have thought? Here I am, in McCook, NE, living my dream...
I do believe she will be my last horse. Her grandfather and great grandfather both lived to be 37 and were ridden until they were 34. She is 4 and I am 56, which means I should be able to ride her until I'm 86. Probably will be too late for another green horse at that point.

No comments: