We are very blessed in our church to receive counsel from the president of the church that helps us be successful today. Those who are not of our faith would be surprised, I believe, to hear the kind of counsel we are given. Things that keep us sane, connected to our loved ones (forever!), out of debt, healthy, etc. Really, good common sense stuff.
Well, one of the things we have heard forever is to keep a journal. I have tried at various times over the years to be obedient. After all, I know the blessing in this obedience is for me and my family as I record personal and family history. I will do well for a few weeks at a time. Then, I get "busy", or fill a journal and not have a new one and get out of the habit before I replace it...you get the picture.
It is also not my style to sit and write and write. However, I loved it when our boys were on missions and we sent and received letters. I always said it was perfect journaling…we only shared the most important stuff, and there was no room for nastiness.
Yet, I seem to have a new fire for this activity since I have begun blogging. I am finding that blogging really motivates me, as it is more like when I was a radio and tv major in college and worked for the tv station. With blogging, I not only write, but get to add photos, music, and design elements. Even though I'm not very good at it yet, I am learning all the time, and recording history at the same time. And, by posting comments, we are all getting to know each other better. Wow. Imagine that technology could do all that. I am feeling fulfilled. I am following the prophet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I think that you had already told me this over the phone one day, but it is nice that you enjoy blogging and that we can also see it. It is a nice way to keep in touch and see some pictures at the same time. We finally get to watch conference this weekend. Of course it is wonderful! Love ya.
Post a Comment